The Careerometer widget can be used to explore and compare key information about occupations to support the process of identifying potential careers. It provides access to a selection of headline data relating to pay, weekly hours of work and future employment prospects. Simply type in the title of the job you are interested in and the widget provides a series of options from which you can select the most relevant to you. Click 'More Info' and it tells you what that career role involves and some typical tasks. You can select UK average and compare careers of interest alongside that information.
Students receive specialised individual support with their University plans. There are an extensive range of resources on the Careers & Next Steps site on Frog. Students can access this via - Frog (student dashboard) > Subjects > Careers & Next Steps
How to Decide Which Subject to Study
Other useful links
- Somerset Careers Hub (Information & Opportunities, What careers may suit me?, Post 16 Options, ESFA Apprenticeships and Traineeships, Apprenticeships)
All resources can be found on Frog in Careers Section, can be collected from the Next Steps Hub in Northcote, or you can e-mail to request a copy.
For students who need career ideas
- What Kind of Job Do I want?
Students writing CVs
- CV Tips
- Writing your CV
- CV Structure Handout
- CV Example Y13
- CV Example Y11
- CV Example Y10
- How to find an apprenticeship booklet
- Sourcing an apprenticeship Y11 – factsheet
- Applying for a job - workbook
- How to behave in the workplace
- Interview skills Y11 (covering interviews for Sixth Form, College & Apprenticeship)
- Interview skills Y13 University & Employment
- How to answer interview questions Y11 & Y13