Employers and Training Providers
How Employers and Training Providers Can Help Our Students
Frome College actively promotes building links and successful working relationships with local employers, training providers and apprenticeship providers. If you are an employer or a provider of training or apprenticeships, and would like the opportunity to come in and talk to students about the courses and jobs you offer then please contact our Employability Co-ordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to ensuring all students get a comprehensive careers education, information, advice and guidance programme. In order to demonstrate this, we are working towards the Gatsby Benchmarks. Benchmark 5 encourages us to ensure that all students have encounters with employers and we would welcome any employers who feel they could support us with this.
Employers & Businesses
There are many ways employers can support our students:
- If you have an apprenticeship or job you wish to fill please email details to our Employability Co-ordinator and this will be forwarded to the students who are planning the workplace and looking for that type of employment
- You can book to attending one of the three large Careers Talk events we run each year; giving a 30 minute presentation about your company, role and career path and answering students’ questions.
- Providing Work Experience to our students. Year 10s complete a five-day placement at the end of January, which they arrange from June. We currently work with 215 businesses and always welcome more.
- Giving our Year 12 Sixth Form students the opportunity for work experience in your company. They complete three shorter placements of between 1-5 days, this is not at a set time, so is flexible to suit employers.
- Offering a placement to one of our World of Work students. These students complete placement two days each week from October through to May.
- Assisting with the Year 10 Mock Interview event. This is in May and around 60 interviewers are needed for either one full day or two to give all our Year 10 students an interview experience.
- We aim where possible to bring the careers and workplace application into curriculum lessons. We welcome links with employers who can contribute to a specific subject department by either allowing students to visit their company on a school trip, or come into school to deliver an aspect of subject curriculum to a class.
Apprenticeship funding for employers
If you are able to assist or would like to find out more information about the work of our Next Steps department, please email NextSteps@FromeCollege.org
Please see our Provider Access Policy / Baker Clause for events and contact details.